An eclectic group of individuals who have two things in common: faith in Jesus and a connection to St. John's College. Here we gather, across time and space, to carry on a dialogue.
Saturday, April 22, 2006
The Eagle has landed
Posted by Nate at 3:04 PM
Looks like an interesting experiment, Kristi--thanks for the invitation.

My name is Nate Eagle, I'm an alumnus of A'03. I'm a pastor's kid; my father is a pastor in the Evangelical Covenant Church. (Other Johnnie Covenanters: Hayden Brockett, Katherine Nehring. Any I'm missing?) I went to Cameroon (Africa) with the Peace Corps after I graduated, then left after a year, utterly disenchanted with the role of the first world in Africa. (Thinking of joining the Peace Corps? Don't.) I'm now working quite happily as a web designer in Alexandria, VA, and I'm rather proud to be a mildly sophisticated cog in the greater machine of wealth generation that we call America.

My favorite program authors were Pascal, Kant, and Baudelaire. My least favorite contemporary Christian writer is Dallas Willard. (But so many to choose from!) My favorite is Richard John Neuhaus.
0 Comments
Show All/Hide All