An eclectic group of individuals who have two things in common: faith in Jesus and a connection to St. John's College. Here we gather, across time and space, to carry on a dialogue.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Prayer Request
Posted by Sir Robert at 11:54 AM
Rhonda, that's terrific.

I do have a prayer request (couplet?) that seems particularly suited for such a pilgrimage:

Jacob is here in a way that is very real to us now. Johanna and I have prayed -- and do pray -- that the Spirit rest on him all his days, and that he share in the anointing of the Christ (indeed, becoming a "little christ" himself). We would be very glad if you shared this prayer with us.

Also, I have been keenly aware for several years now that I am going to be a fatherless (but thankfully not Fatherless) father to my son. My strong desire is that I do so in such a manner as that Him of whom I am a shadow as father is glorified in my fathering (and the sign that I have succeeded will be, of course, that Jesus is glorified in the Spirit through this). I have been trying (and praying) earnestly to sort out my own handicaps and deficiencies -- especially as this matter relates to my spiritual condition. I would very much like for you to offer this prayer on your pilgrimage as well.

Thanks, Rhonda.
0 Comments
Show All/Hide All